St. Luke's Lutheran Church
Section 16, King Township
St. Lukes Norwegian Lutheran Church no longer exists.
St. Luke's Norwegian Synod Lutheran Church was organized in McIntosh, Minnesota early in 1888 with the help of pastor Rev. Lars J. Jerdee also served other churches. The first church was built in 1898-99.
In 1922 St. Luke's merged with St. John's Lutheran Church of McIntosh. The two congregations chose the name of Our Savior's Lutheran Church. St. John's was chosen for the location of Our Savior's, and St. Luke's church building was sold in 1923.
St. Luke's Menighed Norwegian Synod Lutheran Church was organized in 1885 by Rev. L.J. Jerdee. The first recorded baptism was that of Steen Birkeland, son of Gunder and Margit Birkeland.
Some charter members were: Torger A. Mandt, John J. Dahl, Gunder Bjorgo, Ole T. Moe, B.J. Johnson, Ole Krumvik, Nils Larson, B. & R. Narveson, Halvor Svenson, Lars Ostby, Salve & Gunhild Bjorgum, John & Gertrude Berg, John Vaa among others. The church was built in 1898/99. St. Luke's and St. John's merged in 1922 to form Our Savior's Lutheran Church.
Updated: August 10, 2006, S. Dorgan
Updated: March 12, 2015, K. Kittleson