Our Savior's (Evangelical) Lutheran Church
(ELCA -- previously ALC)
1515 5th Avenue NW
East Grand Forks, MN 56721
Founded in 1947.
Our Savior's Lutheran Church began with mainly Norwegian families. The first location of the church was 309 8th Avenue, NW in East Grand Forks. It was a small wood frame building with basement. Later the church moved to the present location.
Records, beginning in 1947, include: birth, baptism, confirmation, marriage, death and funeral. A church history is available through the Church Office. Listings of charter members, early membership, and church officers are available too.
Former pastors include: Truman Mohn, Alvin Stenberg, Paul Meiderdin, Robert Bergland, Arne Halbakken, and David Astrup. Current pastor (2015) is Mary Githvedt.
Updated 19 MAR 2015, K. Kittleson