Godfrey Township, Polk County, Minnesota
Maple Bay Free Lutheran Church
11563 380th St. SE
Maple Bay Free Lutheran Church was organized in 1894 when a group of families met at the Gullick Iverson home and decided to form a congregation. Charter members of the congregation were C.C. Moland, Alfred Johnson, Iver Nordheim, Nils Pederson, Ole Johanenson, John Aavig, Gullick Iverson, Iver Moen, Nels Staal, Christofor Johnson, Halvor Trandem, Soren Pederson, Hans Johnsrud, Theodore Larson, Andrew Anderson, Helge Viken, Halvor Haugen, Johannes Olson, Sivert Hauge, Peder Berger, Charley Knudson and Marcus Boen.
The first pastor was S.E. Sorenson who was terminated as the pastor for the Hitterdal Church. The lot for the church was donated by Gullick Iverson and the land for the cemetery by Alfred Johnson. The church was destroyed by fire on December 3, 1930. In 1947 a new church was built. This church is still active.
Copyright 2015, MNGenWeb
Posted March 13, 2015, K. Kittleson