The Aas Lutheran church was
first organized in the Martin Iverson home on March 3, 1886. Rev. John
Ylvisaker and Rev. L. J. Jerdee served this church. In 1889 the name of
the church was changed to Froen. The church was built in 1897 on land
donated by Paul Myhrum and used until the closing in 1970/71. In 1982
the church was torn down.
J.O. Saeter was minister at Froen from 1897-1942.
Parish records are at Hope Lutheran Church in Fosston.
Charter members were Jacob Olson, Elling Vigoren, Martin Iverson, John
Otteson, Torger Olson, B.O. Bratland, Sandre Tverberg, Paul Myhrum, Jacob
Danielson, Ingebert Vigoren, Ole Moen, Anton Rud, August Netteberg,
Peter Sjol, Herman Berg and Gust Berg among others.
The alter, pulpit, eight pews and baptismal font are at the Polk
County Historical Society in Crookston, Minnesota.
See the Froen Cemetery page.
Click on photo to enlarge.
Updated August 8, 2006, Shirley Dorgan
Updated 15 MAR 2015, K. Kittleson