Cross Lake Church
The Cross Lake congregation was organized November 22, 1885, as the Norwegian Evangelical Lutheran Congregation Church. The early members were: Anton Olson, Ira Jacobs, Hans J. Rone, Halvor Halvorson an Ole O. Gropen, P.L. Jesness, Johannes Lade and Gulik Iverson. The first pastor was the Rev. Nicolai Heierman.
The first church was built in 1898, and in 1912 the church was moved was moved to Section 27 of Queen Twp. It's postal address was Lengby. The church closed about 1981, and the church building removed.
Old Cross Lake Cemetery
Newer Cross Lake Cemetery
Photos of a memorial to Cross Lake Church, located at the new Cross Lake Cemetery.
Updated March 7, 2015