Asphult Lutheran Church
Formerly at Section 28, Hill River
Township, Polk County, Minnesota
Northeast of McIntosh, Minnesota, on County Road 35, Near
The Asphult Lutheran Church was organized on January 4, 1889, by Rev. James
Moody with services held in the Nystrom schoolhouse, in Hill River township
until the church was built in 1911. Asphult Church was build on land
sold to the church by Nels Jeppson, in 1890. The church closed in
the 1960's, and the building was moved and now stands in the
Pioneer Village, in Thief
Pastor's that have served
at Asphult Lutheran Church--
The first resident Pastor was J. Ryding, from 1892 - 1894.
Other Pastors were:
- N. Lehart (during his serving Poplar Lake Church was built)
- J. Alm, 1905 to April 1, 1909 (pastors salary was to be $75.00 a year)
- Rev. Svante Anderson, from 1909 to 1912 (Interim Pastor)
- Victor Sternherz, from 1912 to 1913
- Catechist August Westlund, from 1913 to 1915 - served during vacancy
- Walfred E. Erickson, from August 1, 1915 to 1925
- Gotfried Lindau, from 1925 to 1929 (Swedish and English to be used!)
- A. M. Swanson, from 1930 to 1933
- Elmer Dahlgren, from 1933 to 1936
- G. W. Sanstead, from 1936 to December 1941
- Bernt G. Johnson, from summer 1942 to 1946
- Nels Lindau, from March 1, 1947 to July 1959
- Arnold R. Swanson, from July 1959 to 1962
- George H. Cruys, from summer 1963 to 1965
- Melvin W. Peterson, from January 1966 to (unknown)
- Carl Anderson, from (unknown) to close
The above list courtesy of Mary Neste.
These two pictures above were taken in 2002 by Ann.
Click photos to see larger versions.
They are believed to be located at the cemetery.
©2015, K. Kittleson and MNGenWeb
Updated 5 MAR 2015, Kermit Kittleson