St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery
Located in the town of Fosston
The first Catholic church in the Fosston area was known by the name "Most Pure Heart of Mary". It was built in 1901, on land donated by Mina Portz.
"Most Pure Heart of Mary" was active from 1901 to 1918. The second location for a church was in the town of Fosston and it was called "Our Lady of Perpetual Help". This church was used until the present church building was erected in 1971-72 which is called "St. Mary's Catholic Church". The Hansville Cemetery, south of town is still used, and a new catholic cemetery is located on the church grounds in Fosston, next to St. Mary's church, and known as St. Mary's Cemetery.
The cemetery is located at 47.5288487 North, -95.7964184 West.
See web page for Hansville Cemetery.
Thank you Ann for this information and picture taken July 2002
Also see another website devoted to St. Mary's Catholic Cemetery with pictures of individual graves by Debbie Swanson - submitted January 2003
Also see offsite webpage regard the 100th Anniversary of St. Mary' Church by Debbie Swanson - submitted January 2003
Copyright 2006-2015 Shirley Dorgan and MNGenWeb
Updated May 24, 2006
Updated February 9, 2015 by K. Kittleson